As a United States Department of State Passport Acceptance Facility, the City of Sacramento offers one-stop services for your passport needs.
Passport Office Hours
Appointments are required, this facility does NOT accept walk-in customers.
Mondays closed. Open Tuesday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (Closed 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm)
Closed on all City Holidays
**Passports will be closed starting at noon on Friday, February 17th and will re-open Tuesday, February 28th.**
Where Do I Apply?
Please call (916) 808-8092 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment. All calls and emails will be answered within one business day. The passport counter is located on the fifth floor of New City Hall, and we provide passport services Monday - Friday between 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (closed between 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm).
What Do I Need to Bring with Me to Apply for a U.S. Passport?
- Completed Application - You will need to complete Form DS-11 - Application for U.S. Passport . This form is available at the U.S. Department of State's website or in person at the City Clerk’s Office. Do not sign the application, the application must be signed in front of the passport agent.
- Evidence of U.S. Citizenship - You must bring an original or Certified Copy of Birth Certificate from the City, County or State where applicant is born; or a previous passport; or Certificate of Naturalization.
- Valid Photo Identification - State Driver’s License or State Identification Card AND a photocopy of the front and back of the identification.
- Passport Photo - 2" by 2" passport photo - Customer must remove eye glasses when taking a photo.
- Fees - Two separate payments are required at time of application:
(1) State Processing Fees: CHECK or MONEY ORDER ONLY made payable to the U.S. Department of State
(2) Acceptance Facility Fees: payable to the City of Sacramento; cash/debit, check, or credit card are accepted.
Visit the Department of State's website for current fees. Fees are set by the Department of State, please review them carefully. It is recommended that you confirm the fees with our office, prior to obtaining a money order.
Other Important Information
- This facility does not offer same day passport service. If you are traveling within 14 days or sooner, please contact the U.S. Department of State at 1-877-487-2778 for an appointment at the closest regional passport agency.
- Minors (Children under the age of 16) - Effective February 1, 2008 all minors under the age of 16 require both parent's consent. Both parents and the minor must be present when applying. The social security number for the child will be needed to complete the application. When a 16-17 year old is applying without a parent, it is advisable that a parent write the check for payment of the fees.
- Passport renewals may be able to be completed by mail using Form DS-82- Application for U.S. Passport by Mail available at the U.S. Department of State's website. If you are ineligible, to use form DS-82 please make an appointment with our office for passport services.
Need Assistance or Have Questions?
We are happy to assist you. Please contact us via phone at (916) 808-8092 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the passport application process is available at the US Department of State's website or by phone at (202) 647-5225.