Who May Apply for a Permit?
Anyone may apply. However, by law, building permits can be issued to:
Steps to apply for a permit
- Property owners and are required by state law to sign an owner-builder verification stating that they are actually doing their own work and are exempt from the requirement of having Workers Compensation Insurance, or they will be required to provide a certificate of insurance.
- Licensed contractors and must provide a Certificate of Workers Compensation Insurance.
- Authorized agents who must complete the form.
- Download the form
- Assemble the package with the appropriate forms.
- If you are the property owner you will need to complete the Owner Verification Form.
- All applications for Reroofs and HVAC permits now require a completed Title 24 Energy Code Alteration Form (CF-1R-ALT). Depending on the scope of your project additional energy forms may be required.
- If you are acting as an agent for the property owner or the contractor you must have the contractor or property owner complete the appropriate authorization form.