Sacramento is the capital city of the U.S. state of California and the seat of government of Sacramento County. It is located at the confluence of the Sacramento River and the American River in the northern portion of California's expansive Central Valley. With an estimated population nearly 500,000, Sacramento is the sixth-largest city in California and the 35th largest city in the United States.
Downtown Housing Amenities
Downtown provides a number of amenities that attract people to live, work and play downtown:
- Employment Access - There are over 71,000 jobs within the target area. Residents can access downtown employment through Regional Transit (RT) three Light Rail lines, and numerous bus routes.
- Supermarkets and Pharmacies - The target area hosts 9 existing supermarkets including Safeway Supermarket, Grocery Outlet, and future Natural Foods Coop and Whole Foods. In addition, there are 12 pharmacies in the target area, including 3 Right Aids. The target area is also host to numerous seasonal farmers markets.
- Schools - There are 10 schools and educational institutions within the target area.
- Events - Target area facilities host hundreds of events, shows, concerts, festivals and other events annually, including: Concerts in the Park, Downtown Ice Rink, Pacific Rim Festival, Sacramento Music Festival, 2nd Saturday, Theatre of Lights
- Recreation - Target area features 20 Community and Neighborhood Parks in addition to waterfront access along the Sacramento and American River parkways and the Sacramento Marina.
- Cultural Institutions - There are 11 cultural and civic venues within the target area including: Old Sacramento, the Crocker Museum, Railroad Museum, the State Capital, the Women’s History Museum, Sutter’s Fort, Leland Stanford Mansion, Governor’s Mansion, Wells Fargo Pavilion, Community Center Theater, Convention Center, and the Entertainment and Sports Complex. There are 9 private theaters, including the Crest Theatre, Esquire IMAX Theatre, and the Sacramento Community Theatre.
- Restaurants - There are over 190 restaurants, coffee shops, bakeries and brew pubs in the target area.
- Galleries - There are 31 galleries and art related venues in the target area.
- Hotels - There are 10 hotels in the target area including: Hyatt Regency, Sheraton Hotel, and Embassy Suites.
- Universities - Proximity to California State University Sacramento and Sacramento City College.