Announcing the 3rd Annual Mission to Southwestern China
Chongqing International Investment and Global Sourcing Fair - May 28 - 30, 2015
Join 3,350 companies, including 272 Fortune 500 and 1,250 multi-national in this International Investment and Global Sourcing Fair in Chongqing, China. Download the flyer here.
Regional Trade, Investment, and Educational Exchange - May 23 - 31, 2015
During the last week of May, a delegation of business leaders, public officials, and educators from the Sacramento region will travel to Chongqing and the neighboring city of Chengdu in southwestern China.
The purpose of the delegation’s visit will be to advance the following objectives:
- Reaffirm the commercial and cultural links between the Chongqing and Sacramento outlined in the Memorandum of Understanding representatives of both cities signed in Sacramento on July 23, 2012;
- Commemorate the first anniversary of the opening of the City of Sacramento’s Trade & Education Office in Chongqing;
- Expand export markets for Sacramento area goods and services in Chongqing, Chengdu, and throughout southwestern China;
- Lobby for the lowering of logistical barriers to the transportation of California food products to distributors in Chongqing and Chengdu;
- Accelerate exchanges of students and faculty between Sacramento and Chongqing/Chengdu at the secondary as well as the college and university level;
- Introduce Chongqing/Chengdu businesses and high-worth individuals to selected public and private investment opportunities in the Sacramento region; and
- Continue to elevate the profile of the Sacramento region in Chongqing/Chengdu and throughout southwestern China.
The delegation fee will include economy-class flights from SFO to China and return; all travel within China; five-star hotel accommodations throughout; all meals in China; entrance fees to the International Investment and Global Sourcing Fair; and city tours. The cost of a Chinese visa is not included. Those wishing to make separate travel arrangements or extend their stay in Asia are welcomed to consult with our travel agent, Mansion Travel of Sacramento.
May 22 (Friday)
8:00pm: Depart from Sacramento by van to SFO (optional)
10:00pm: Check-in with Cathay Pacific at SFO (mandatory)
May 23 (Saturday)
1:00am: Departure from SFO aboard Cathay Pacific non-stop to HKG (Hong Kong International Airport)
May 24 (Sunday)
6:10am: Arrival at HKG;
10:15am Departure aboard Dragon Air to CTU (Chengdu International Airport);
12:50pm: Arrival at CTU. Transfer to hotel.
6:00pm: Delegation dinner and orientation session.
May 25 (Monday)
Morning: Chengdu city tour and schedule excursion;
Afternoon: Business meetings arranged in cooperation with the U.S. Consulate in Chengdu.
Doing business in China with regional focus: Southwestern China: Market, partnership and opportunities.
Dinner with local business leaders.
May 26 (Tuesday)
Morning: High-Speed Rail transfer to Chongqing
Mid-Day: Arrival in Chongqing and transfer to hotel
Afternoon: City tour: Tax bonded area: New international product trading and exhibition center.
Two rivers economic zone district
High Tech zone and technology park.
May 27 (Wednesday)
Entire Day: Reserved for individual business meetings.
Dinner with Chongqing Municipality Mayor’s office and CQ Foreign Trade Office
May 28 (Thursday)
Morning: Delegation attends the opening ceremonies of the Chongqing International Investment and Global Sourcing Fair.
Afternoon: Greet visitors to the Sacramento Pavilion and mingle with other exhibitors and local business leader
May 29 (Friday)
Morning: Individual business meetings
Afternoon: Sacramento Investment Forum
Reception with local government, business and education leaders
May 30 (Saturday)
Morning: Check-out of hotel, transfer to Chongqing International Airport for flight to HKG.
Afternoon: Arrival at HKG and transfer to hotel.
Afternoon Hong Kong City Tour.
Evening: Delegation Wrap-Up Dinner
May 31 (Sunday)
Late Morning: Check-out and transfer to HKG
Afternoon: 2;15pm departure aboard Cathay Pacific non-stop to SFO
Mid-Day: 11:50am Same-Day Arrival at SFO
Afternoon: Optional van to Sacramento
Those wishing to extend their stay in Hong Kong or to travel to other destinations should coordinate their plans with Mansion Travel, our Sacramento travel agency.
All meals, airfare and local transportation included, group tour guide and group translator included.
Individual translator and printing service upon request with fees.