THE CITY MAKES GIVING EASY!
City of Sacramento employees give over $150,000 annually to the charities which participate in the citywide charitable contributions campaign. Many employees give very small amounts, from as little as $1 each payday, which proves that just a small donation from many employees can have a great impact on our local, national and global community!
The Big Give Campaign consists of many nonprofit organizations that have local, national and global outreach. Please view our Big Give Campaign Directory for a complete list of charities.
Watch The Big Give tutorial for a quick how-to on using the voluntary deductions in eCaps to select a local charity from a select list, or to write-in a specific charity from one of the Federations listed below. Still have questions? Review our Frequently Asked Questions, or contact the Campaign Coordinator via email: BigGive@cityofsacramento.org.
Other charities that have national and global impact are also aligned with the City’s charitable campaign. Federations often include several charities under their umbrella and general donations to them can be specified to certain organizations or certain areas of concern. Federations include:
- Community Health Charities of California - Supporting more than 30 nonprofit health agencies fighting life-threatening illnesses, contributions assist work with hospice programs, Alzheimer’s, cancer, AIDS, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, and others.
- America’s Charities - Working to build strong communities by addressing needs of children, families, and communities through member programs, by helping employers and employees support our member charities’ programs.
- EarthShare California - One gift supports diverse organizations conserving and restoring our beautiful California environment, building healthy communities and providing a sustainable future for our planet.
- Global Impact - Supports leading U.S.-based international charities to address critical needs throughout the world. We help ensure sustainable solutions by meeting real needs with real results.
- United Way California Capital Region - Your local United Way was founded 90 years ago to improve people’s lives and build stronger communities in the capital area. United Way leads the movement to make sure everyone has the building blocks for a good life: Education, Income and Health.
General donations to the federations can also be made via eCaps self-service; to designate specific organizations or areas of concern within the federation, a charitable contribution payroll deduction form will need to be submitted to the Campaign Coordinator via email: BigGive@cityofsacramento.org or send via inter-office mail addressed to Big Give at mail code 15000.