Council Representative – Office of Councilmember Steve Hansen
The Office of Sacramento City Councilmember Steve Hansen is seeking a full-time Council Representative. The Council Representative will perform administrative, legislative, community relations, communications and constituency services. The Council Representative will be actively engaged with community members, organizations and businesses on behalf of the Councilmember. This individual must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team. The position is located in Downtown Sacramento. Compensation will depend on experience, plus benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan and manage projects and initiatives of the district or community.
- Respond to constituent inquiries.
- Attend external meetings or events in the community.
- Collaborate and/or participate in community and neighborhood engagement efforts.
- Produce communications and advisories for activities of interest, district events, special events or local media articles, and maintain web pages and social media sites.
- Provide training or work assignments for interns or volunteers.
- Perform other or related duties as assigned.
- Government processes and procedures
- Practices and methodologies in community relations and engagement, constituent affairs and event planning
- Project management
- Verbal and written communication
- Time management
- Interpersonal relations
- Conflict resolution and problem solving
- Organization and event planning
- Managing projects
- Balance conflicting priorities in a public office environment.
- Collaborate successfully with a wide variety of officials, constituents, community groups and other organizations.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Respectfully and timely respond to inquiries and concerns of the public.
- Effectively engage with other elected officials, city staff and the community.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Manage activities, programs and projects within the scope of assignments.
- Collect, compile, analyze and interpret information or data.
- Produce public communications.
- Produce agendas, reports or summaries of meetings.
- Produce routine correspondence and reports.
- Use software programs for the production of internet and social media sites.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and two or three years of experience in a similar capacity, including administration, public or customer service, constituent services, community outreach, project management, public relations or communications. A master’s or advanced degree is preferred.
Send a resume and cover letter describing your specific skills, availability and wage requirements to:
Office of Councilmember Hansen
915 I Street, 5th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814