The following guidelines refer to official social media pages of the Sacramento Police Department. For more information about the Sacramento Police Department, please visit http://portal.cityofsacramento.org/Police. If you have an emergency or need immediate assistance, please do not report a crime on our social media forums.
We welcome your comments; however, the Police Department social media account is intended to be a limited forum for communication and discussion between the City of Sacramento and members of the public about specific topics. The City of Sacramento reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments including those comments that are not topically related, comments that include profane or obscene language, sexual content, threats, defamatory statements, the encouragement of illegal activity, violations of the legal ownership interests of another party, solicitations of commerce, statements in support or opposition to political candidates or ballot propositions, content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination, or information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems. Any content posted may be subject to public disclosure upon request. Activity on this account is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws regulations and policies.
Comments posted to this page will be monitored and inappropriate content will be removed as soon as possible and without prior notice. Under the City of Sacramento Social Media Use Policy, Standards and Procedures, the City reserves the right to remove inappropriate content, including, but not limited to:
- Profane language or content
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Content that includes unlawful harassment or threats of violence
- Comments that are not topically related or out of context
- Solicitations of commerce
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party
- Content that defames any person, group, or organization
- Content that is false or any malicious statements concerning any employee, the City, or its operations
- Disclosure of any proprietary, confidential, or privileged information
- Repeated postings of inappropriate or inflammatory material
- Statements in support of or opposition to political campaigns, candidates, or ballot measures.
For a more detailed description of City of Sacramento policies, visit Citywide Policies and Procedures.