Accessibility mode is enabled

Skip to Top / Tab to View Menu Options
Skip to Left Navigation / Tab to View Content

Entertainment & Nightlife


The mission of the Sacramento Police Department's Entertainment Team (E-Team) is to work in partnership with entertainment venues and their neighbors throughout the city of Sacramento, ensuring a safe nightlife atmosphere to Make Sacramento the Safest Big City in California.


Sacramento Police Department, January 2023 Pubs Clubs and Bars Training Flyer



Am I required to obtain an Entertainment Permit?

It is unlawful for any person to provide or permit any entertainment open to the public without an Entertainment Permit unless exempt pursuant to Sacramento City Code Section 5.108.040 SCC (Exemptions from the Permit Requirement). Entertainment Permits are issued by the City of Sacramento’s Community Development Department, Code Compliance Division.
Before issuing an Entertainment Permit, the City will conduct a thorough investigation of the required Entertainment Permit application. The City shall either approve or deny the Entertainment Permit application within 60 calendar days of receipt of the completed application (including related documentation and approvals) and fees.

Full information and instructions about obtaining an Entertainment Permit can be found at Code Compliance Forms under "Entertainment Permit Forms."  Contact the Community Development Department at (916) 808-3535 or via email at with any questions related to permitting.

What can the E-TEAM do for my venue?

The E-Team can be a very valuable resource for business owners. Some of the services the E-Team provides are:

  • Quarterly Pubs, Clubs and Bars Training
  • Security assessments and recommendations
  • Video Assessment and Surveillance System (VASS) review and recommendations
  • Full venue CPTED evaluation and recommendations
  • Searches and Pat Down training
  • Active Shooter Response Training (instructed by SPD SWAT Team)
  • Sexual assault prevention
  • De-escalation training

How do I contact the E-Team?

Direct any inquiries for the Sacramento Police Department Entertainment Team to

What do I do if I have an ongoing problem with an entertainment venue?

If the ongoing problem is a criminal complaint, you can file a report online, or call the non-emergency number at (916) 808-5471. Remember, 911 is for emergencies only.

If the ongoing problem is not a criminal complaint and is related to the entertainment activities at the venue, contact the E-Team at The E-Team routinely works in partnership with entertainment venues, neighboring businesses, and residents to resolve issues in a way that is mutually beneficial to both the venues and their neighbors.