parking Garage Upgrades
In the coming months the City of Sacramento will undergo a major parking system upgrade at all of City parking garages. This will enhance many user features in order to better serve our customers. Our goal is to modernize City parking facilities in order to improve traffic management and make the parking experience better. The new technology will better manage parking supply and demand during a time of increased activity and the continued development of the Central City.
Garage features and new upgrades will include:
- Self-service features that will allow you to manage your own account online
- Improved intercoms with cameras at all entrances, exits, and payment machines
- New enhanced card reading devices at all garage entrances and exits
- The ability to use your license plate as your access credential, for faster access in and out of the garages
- Floor occupancy and directional signage to direct you to available parking spaces
The Parking Division is dedicated to making this transition as seamless as possible and with minimal impacts to your daily parking experience. During the system upgrade process, city staff will be on-site to assist, and answer any questions or concerns that you may have. New equipment will be installed at each of the following locations.
Click on the garage name for any available updates:
- Memorial Garage - SYSTEM LIVE
- Capitol Garage- SYSTEM LIVE
- City Hall Garage-SYSTEM LIVE
- Tower Bridge Garage=SYSTEM LIVE
- Old Sacramento Garage- SYSTEM LIVE
The following updates apply to all garages undergoing upgrade:
Sign up for Email Updates
Please stay tuned for more information on the upgrades. Future updates will also be available through email notifications. You can sign up for these notifications.