Skip to Left Navigation / Tab to View Content
MANDATORY - BEGINNING NOV 1 - one day per week WATERING
||Saturday OR Sunday
||Anytime, but no runoff allowed
- Beginning November 1, 2015: mandatory one day per week watering schedule, either on Saturday or Sunday (your choice), except when it has been raining.
- Over-watering, or water running off the sidewalk and into the gutter, is prohibited at all times.
- Cut your watering times at least in half compared to what you watered in the summer - our shorter days, even when dry, lead to lower evaporation.
- If you choose to wash your car at home, it is to occur only on your designated watering day and you are required to use a hose nozzle.
- Consider turning off your irrigation system for at least a week or two, after it rains.
- Irrigating with 48 hours of measurable rain (1/8” as measured at the Sacramento Regional Airport) is prohibited.
- The one day per week schedule is in effect between November 1, 2015 and March 12, 2016, unless drought conditions worsen.
Stage 2 Water Shortage Contingency Plan for daylight saving time 2016 (march 13 - NOV 6, 2016)
As per City Code, watering times during Daylight Saving Time are two days per week, based on street address.
|ODD number (1, 3, 5, 7, or 9)
||Tuesday and/or Saturday
|| Before 10 a.m. or after 7 p.m.
|Even number (0, 2, 4, 6, or 8)
||Wednesday and/or Sunday
|| Before 10 a.m. or after 7 p.m.
No watering OR car washing is permitted on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays.
For more information on drought and water conservation, please read our Frequently Asked Questions.
NEW "BEYOND THE DROUGHT" WATERING SCHEDULER
Use less water by adjusting your controller for weather at least monthly. Use this Irrigation Scheduler on your computer, tablet or smart phone to calculate run-times based on current weather in your area.
If you see watering taking place on the wrong day or time or you see over-watering, please report it to the City by calling 311 or (916) 264-5011. You can also email when and where you saw the water misuse to email@example.com or report it via the 311 app on your mobile phone.
Gold is the new Green!
You can spruce up your lawn with our new lawn sign telling your neighbors that you are doing your part to help spare Sacramento's water! Pick up a sign today at our Customer Service Offices, 1395 35th Avenue. Hours are Monday- Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. -11:30 a.m.
Beautiful Landscapes Don’t Always Require Lots of Water
Plants like California Fuchsia are both pretty and water smart! Find the right plants your yard, sunlight and soil!
Find out information about our NEW River-Friendly Landscape Rebate Program.
Sign up for our new River Friendly Green Gardener Landscape Workshop Series!
businesses Team with the City to save water
We invite your business to partner with the City of Sacramento to remind customers to keep conserving water. Learn more about free materials available.
Free Water Conservation Materials Available to Businesses
California is experiencing an historic drought, and the State Water Resources Control Board has enacted emergency regulations, including requiring restaurants to serve water upon request and hotels to offer guests the option to reuse towels and linens for multiday stays.
We invite your business to partner with the City of Sacramento to remind customers to keep conserving water.
Check out what restaurants are doing to help save water
The following materials are available free of charge to City of Sacramento businesses:
Please return your completed forms to SpareSacWater@gmail.com or by faxing to (916) 944-4113.
Quantities are limited. Orders will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last.
tools to help save water