As a United States Department of State Passport Acceptance Facility, the City of Sacramento offers one stop services for your passport needs.
PASSPORT OFFICE HOURS
MONDAY - THURSDAY 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
FRIDAY 8:00 AM- 11:30 AM
WHERE DO I APPLY?
Please call (916) 808-8092 to schedule an appointment. This is the only way to guarantee you will be seen. We are located on the fourth floor of City Hall, and provide passport services Monday - Thursday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM and Friday from 8:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
WHAT DO I NEED?
If you have never been issued a U.S. Passport or are ineligible to use Form DS-82- Application for U.S. Passport by Mail, you will need to completeForm DS-11 - Application for U.S. Passport. This form is available at the U.S. Department of State's website or at the City Clerk’s Office.
What to bring with you when applying for a U.S. Passport:
- Completed Application Do not sign the application, the application must be signed in front of the passport agent. The application must be completed in black ink.
- Evidence of U.S. Citizenship You must bring a Certified Copy of Birth Certificate from the City, County or State where applicant is born; a previous passport; or Certificate of Naturalization.
- Valid Photo Identification State Driver’s License or State Identification Card AND a photocopy of the front and back of the identification.
- Passport Photos You can have your passport photos taken in our office for an additional fee.
- Fees Two separate payments are required at time of application:
(1) Check or Money Order ONLY made payable to the U.S. Department of State AND
(1) Check or Money Order made payable to the City of Sacramento for passport execution and photo fees
Visit the Department of State's website for current fees.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- This facility does not offer same day passport service. If traveling is within 14 days or sooner, please contact the U.S. Department of State at 1-877-487-2778 for an appointment at the closest regional passport agency.
- Minors (Children under the age of 16) - Effective February 1, 2008 all minors under the age of 16 require both parent's consent. Both parents and the minor must be present when applying. The social security number for the child will be needed to complete the application. When a 16-17 year old is applying without a parent, it is advisable that a parent write the check for payment of the fees.
NEED ASSISTANCE OR HAVE QUESTIONS?
We are happy to assist you. Please contact us via phone at (916) 808-8092 or by email at email@example.com,
More information about the passport application process is available at the US Department of State's website,or by phone at (202) 647-5225.