There are several changes to residential yard waste services scheduled to take effect in 2013. On July 1, 2013 year-round Loose-in-the-Street pickup will no longer be offered. All residential yard waste customers will be required to use containers for weekly yard waste collection.
Citywide Loose-in-the-Street collection will occur only during the Fall/Winter leaf season from November 1, 2013 through January 30, 2014.
More information on this program change will be sent to all customers in spring 2013.
- Current year-round Loose-in-the-Street customers will continue to receive service until June 30, 2013.
- Current containerized yard waste customers will receive one more spring Loose-in-the-Street collections in May of 2013.
- The last spring citywide Loose-in-the-Street collections will be the last week of May 2013.
- In order to ensure your material is collected during the spring citywide loose-in-the-street service, all yard waste must be placed out for collection no later than 6:00 a.m. Monday, May 27, 2013.
- Piles can be no larger than 3'x3'x6'
Acceptable Yard Waste Materials
- Grass trimmings
- Tree and shrub prunings
- Christmas Trees
- Sod (with dirt removed)
Unacceptable Yard Waste Materials
- Trash and debris
- Pet feces
- Excessive amount of dirt
- Lumber and concrete
Other Yard Waste ResourcesReview our Collection Guidelines »
Containerized Yard Waste Program »
Loose-in-the-Street Collection Program »
Backyard Composting »