Skip to Left Navigation / Tab to View Content
Neighborhood Services equips Sacramento's diverse residents with resources to revitalize, maintain and promote healthy communities. We believe a great neighborhood means neighbors knowing each other and having access to available resources. We look to facilitate dialogue and create collaboration opportunities among neighborhood groups, City officials, City departments, and other community stakeholders.
Please contact your NSD representative for any questions or needs regarding your effort to start or improve your neighborhood association.
- 08.11.15 - Our today's guest reader is Poet Laureate for the City and County of Sacramento, professor Jeff Knorr.
- Today, August 10th 2015, our guest reader at Mayor's Summer Reading Camp is Officer Casey Dionne
- Neighborhood Services invites you to "Neighborhood Night at Funderland" on Friday, August 14th, 2015 at Funderland Amusement Park located in William Land Park (1350 17th Ave). Cost is only $5 per person for unlimited rides.
- Neighborhood Services are happy to report that Mayors Summer Reading Camp is going well! This is a program to sharpen reading, writing and math skills to allow students to be more prepared for the following school year. On this pictures, Sacramento County Supervisor Phil Serna, whose father Mayor Joe Serna started this program, is reading to kids at George Sim Community Center.
- Congratulations Summer at City Hall 2015 Class upon successful completion of seven weeks program!
- Tidbits Bi-Weekly Newsletter. Bi-weekly news from Neighborhood Services. Find many exciting and entertaining events to do in the City of Sacramento. Sign up to receive Tidbits via email. Volume 5 Issue # 15, August 6 2015
- The City of Sacramento Neighborhood Services Division has developed Neighborhood Association Handbook to assist you in creating, sustaining or maintaining a Neighborhood Association. This handbook provides many helpful links, contacts, and step-by-step points on how to start, grow, and sustain an effective Neighborhood Association. Please join us every two weeks for new chapter. Click on the image to download chapter three.
During month of June, Neighborhood Services Division successfully facilitated multiple ADA Community Partnership meetings throughout the City of Sacramento to reach out and bring resources to people with disabilities.
On Thursday, June 4 2015, City of Sacramento Neighborhood Services Division successfully organized and hosted City Wide Apartment Managers Meeting at Sam and Bonnie Pannell Community Center. Many property managers across the city came to network with their colleagues and listen to presentations from the City Council, Neighborhood Services, Code Enforcement, Police and Fire Departments and many other agencies.