Accessibility mode is enabled

Skip to Top / Tab to View Menu Options
Skip to Left Navigation / Tab to View Content


All proposed sites for a cannabis business require a Conditional Use Permit (CUP), which includes a public hearing. To see the status of a CUP under consideration, go to Development Tracker and enter the address or File Number.  The action of the hearing body will be found under ROD (Record of Decision).

Most public hearings are conducted by the Zoning Administrator, while applications that are beyond the scope of the Zoning Administrator, such as a property that exceeds 125,000 sq. ft. or is less than 600 feet from a neighborhood or community park are heard by the Planning and Design Commission (PDC). Similarly, decisions by the Zoning Administrator may also be appealed to the PDC. The City Council may also call up a decision of the PDC on an application.  For details on the CUP process, please refer to this PowerPoint presentation .

Zoning Administrator hearings are held on Thursdays at 1 p.m.. Applications that will be heard are posted on the hearing agenda  Zoning Administrator decisions may also be viewed on Agency Counter by address or File Number. 

As of April 15, 2021, the 2.5 million sq. ft. cap for cultivation and distribution CUPs in the Power Inn Alliance has been reached.