Accessibility mode is enabled

Skip to Top / Tab to View Menu Options
Skip to Left Navigation / Tab to View Content

Conflict of Interest Filings

Conflict of interest code

As required by the Political Reform Act (Gov. Code, § 81000 et seq.), the City of Sacramento has adopted a conflict of interest code, which designates positions required to file a Statement of Economic Interests Form 700 and assigns disclosure categories specifying the types of interests to be reported. You can view the City’s current conflict of interest code.

Statement of Economic Interests - Form 700

The Political Reform Act requires certain public officials to disclose their personal financial information on a Statement of Economic Interests, Form 700, so the public may review that information and be knowledgeable that the official is not using his/her decision making authority to affect his/her personal financial interests. The financial disclosure obligations of the City Council and Mayor, City Manager, City Treasurer, City Attorney, and City Planning Commissioners are set forth in the Political Reform Act, which requires officials in these positions to file a Statement of Economic Interests Form 700 no later than April 1st of each year. City employees in classifications that are designated in the City’s conflict of interest code also file a Statement of Economic Interests Form 700; however, these filings are due no later than April 30th of each year. A Statement of Economic Interests Form 700 is also filed when the official takes office and leaves office.

The filing of financial disclosure forms are managed through the Office of the City Clerk.

Filing and Viewing Statements

To provide greater access to the public, and to create an easier way for filers to complete statements, the Sacramento City Council approved the use of an electronic filing system. This system, for the first time, provides the public with access to all statement of economic interest forms for city employees, consultants, board and commission members, and appointed and elected officials.

Completed, filed statements can be viewed using the Public Portal.

To submit a statement with the City, access the Filer System.

Need Assistance or Have Questions?

We are happy to assist you. Please contact us via email at:, or by phone at (916) 808-7200. To request filed statements contact us by email at