Accessibility mode is enabled

Skip to Top / Tab to View Menu Options
Skip to Left Navigation / Tab to View Content

Zoning Changes

The City Zoning Code may be amended to reclassify property from any zoning district to any other zoning district provided that any such amendment is consistent with the City of Sacramento General Plan. Zone change applications (also known as “rezones”) require action by the Planning Commission and the City Council. The Planning Commission makes a report of its findings and recommendations with respect to the proposed amendment, and files it with the City Council. Upon receipt of the Planning Commission’s report, the City Council sets the matter for public hearing. The decision of the City Council is the final action on such applications.