Accessibility mode is enabled

Skip to Top / Tab to View Menu Options
Skip to Left Navigation / Tab to View Content

STOREFRONT Dispensaries

There are 30 medical dispensaries operating in the City of Sacramento, 29 of whom are also permitted to sell Adult Use cannabis.  There is a cap of for storefront dispensaries, therefore no applications are being accepted at this time.  Retail (dispensary) permits are available for non-storefront delivery-only dispensaries.  Delivery-only dispensaries are medical and adult use retail shops that are not open to the public and solely deliver cannabis to patients and/or consumers.

Below is a list of permitted cannabis dispensaries in the city:

  • The Boulevard and Company (dba Kana Company)
  • A Therapeutic Alternative (dba A.T.A.H.C.S.)
  • Abatin Wellness 
  • All About Wellness 
  • Alpine Alternative 
  • Alternative Medical Center (dba Kolas #101)
  • Canna Care Inc. 
  • CC101 (dba Kolas #103)
  • Cloud 9 (dba Kolas #104)
  • Community Health Solutions (dba NUG)
  • Delta Health & Wellness 
  • Doctors Orders (dba Kolas #105)
  • Florin Wellness Center Inc. 
  • Golden Health and Wellness Collective (dba Kolas)
  • Green Solutions 
  • Greenstone Biomass 
  • Horizon Nonprofit Collective 
  • House of Organics (dba Perchta/Kolas #102)
  • Hugs Alternative Care LLC 
  • Metro Health Solutions 
  • Northstar Holistic Collective 
  • P.S.A.C. (dba Zen Garden/Dr. Greenthumb)
  • River City Phoenix 
  • Sacramento Community Cannabis Collective, (dba Connected Sacramento) 
  • Safe Accessible Solutions 
  • Safe Capitol Compassion 
  • South Sacramento Care Center 
  • THC Sacramento Sharp Source 
  • Two Rivers Wellness 
  • Valley Health Options 


Non-storefront dispensaries are cannabis retail stores that are not open to the public.  Retail transactions are conducted strictly by delivery only.  Please see our delivery page for more information on non-storefront, delivery-only dispensaries.


In order to operate a delivery business in Sacramento, you need both a Conditional Use Permit for a brick-and-mortar location from the Planning Division (CUP); and a Business Operating Permit (BOP) from the Office of Cannabis Management. A CUP, or proof of application for a CUP, is required for applying for a BOP.

Step 1: Apply for a Conditional Use Permit

Download the Conditional Use Permit Application. A Neighborhood Responsibility Plan (NRP) Agreement is required for a distribution CUP application.

Applications must be submitted in person at the Planning Division, 300 Richards Blvd. 3rd Floor, Sacramento, CA 95811 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday. (The office is open until 4 p.m. but applications are not accepted after 3 p.m.)

Step 2: Apply for a Business Operating Permit

Once you have submitted a complete application for a Conditional Use Permit, you will receive an application file number. Once you have this number, you can apply for a Business Operating Permit online or by downloading theBusiness Operating Permit Application and submitting it in person with the associated fees at Revenue Division, 915 I Street Rm 1201, Sacramento, CA 95814.  To pay for your application, please schedule an appointment here.

Please note that applicants (owners, managers, board of directors and any individuals with 20% interest in the business) and all drivers of distribution vehicles are required to go through a background check and get a Live Scan fingerprint in person at the Revenue Division.


If the City has determined that the project is exempt from CEQA review, applicants can obtain from their planner a completed Notice of Exemption (NOE).  The NOE must be filed with these agencies: 1)  Sacramento County Clerk,  and 2) the State Office of Planning and Research (OPR).    There is no fee for filing with OPR.  The applicant must file the notice of exemption in order to obtain a date-stamped copy of the NOE required to apply for a State license.