Accessibility mode is enabled

Skip to Top / Tab to View Menu Options
Skip to Left Navigation / Tab to View Content

Water Misuse and Violations

Water conservation is a shared community commitment. If you see water being misused, watering on the wrong day or time, or over-watering, please report it by calling 311 or (916) 264-5011, emailing your report to, going online to our 311 website, or by using the City’s free 311 app on your smartphone.

When reporting information to the City, please be sure to include:

  • Days and times the watering is occurring
  • Address of where the water misuse is taking place
  • Any pattern to the watering, like the frequency it is being watered or for how long the watering is taking place.

Like Us! Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay current with the latest updates.